Job Title: RF Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas (Galleria)
Find a meaningful employment experience that meets your career goals while working with the fastest growing technology and telecommunications company in the energy industry. Infrastructure Networks (INET) is a dedicated communication solutions provider to the energy industry and owns the industry’s only premier and private LTE network. At INET, you’ll enable the first end-to-end, standards based, “plug-and-play” network, helping to eliminate the frustrations many in energy face related to scaling and managing proprietary communications technology. We help our customers in production, pipeline, completion and drilling increase their productivity, safety and efficiency by delivering standardized, near real-time connectivity.
Join our network of 60+ experts in their field to bring our communication services and coverage to U.S. shale sites, including the Permian, Eagle Ford, Bakken and Scoop & Stack. We are more than just a “phone company”. Help us make the future of energy by enabling the Internet-of-Things (IoT) and digitizing the energy patch in North America.
- Responsible for RF network design (Core and or Customer Solution / Edge)
- Responsible for establishing and adhering to best practices and standards for Network design
- Responsible to support Service Delivery and Tier 3 for implementation of designs
- Responsible for Network evolution including design, firmware / software certification testing, hardware selection configuration, NMS design and element security
- Required to have a practical understanding of IP and IP telephony (including MPLS, carrier / enterprise VoIP, and QoS)
- Required to have an expert understanding of RF fundamentals and be willing to span knowledge base across LTE Satellite, MicroWave and WiFi technologies.
- Required to understand frequency allocations, frequency tuning, and capacity planning for RF systems
- Required to understand and utilize link budge tools and propagation tools and path loss tools as required by platform to support design work.
- Associates degree or 5 years of related experience
- Required to achieve necessary or stay current with relevant certifications associated with Cisco, Nokia, and various wireless edge platforms like Sierra Wireless, BEC, and Meraki. or other utilized platforms which offer vendor certification
- Must be skilled with Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols to successfully provide solutions for core or edge services
- Must have the ability to understand Layer 1 solutions and their use for IP based solutions
- Must have the ability to understand Layer 7 applications like VoIP, Video for efficient design solutions
- Must have Extensive experience with RF Engineering/Design on at least one of the Companies primary RF platforms (LTE, Microwave, and WiFi) and Considerable experience in RF Engineering/ Design within the other ones
- Must be able to think globally with solutions and service delivery methods
- Must be able to provide feature function analysis of focused service platforms
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
At INET, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: email@example.com
Visit us for more information at www.inetlte.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.