Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas (Galleria)
Find a meaningful employment experience that meets your career goals while working with the fastest growing technology and telecommunications company in the energy industry. Infrastructure Networks (INET) is a dedicated communication solutions provider to the energy industry and owns the industry’s only premier and private LTE network. At INET, you’ll enable the first end-to-end, standards based, “plug-and-play” network, helping to eliminate the frustrations many in energy face related to scaling and managing proprietary communications technology. We help our customers in production, pipeline, completion and drilling increase their productivity, safety and efficiency by delivering standardized, near real-time connectivity.
Join our network of 60+ experts in their field to bring our communication services and coverage to U.S. shale sites, including the Permian, Eagle Ford, Bakken and Scoop & Stack. We are more than just a “phone company”. Help us make the future of energy by enabling the Internet-of-Things (IoT) and digitizing the energy patch in North America.
- Responsible for IP network design (Core and or Customer Solution / Edge).
- Responsible for establishing and adhering to best practices and standards for Network design.
- Responsible for accurate and complete documentation representing architecture, topology of all segments of the Network including wireless and wired networks.
- Responsible to support Service Delivery and Tier 3 for implementation of Designs.
- Responsible for Network evolution including design, firmware / software certification testing, hardware selection configuration, NMS design and element security.
- Required to have a practical understanding of IP telephony (carrier / enterprise VoIP, QoS implementation).
- Required to have a complete understanding of internetworking (MPLS, SDWAN, Enterprise IP Networks, Carrier IP networks), Service Provider / ISP (DNS, ARIN, ICANN, advanced routing protocols) or security design (remote access, VPN, IDS, firewalls).
- Required to have effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in a team or matrix environment.
- B.S. degree in EE
- Relevant certifications associated with Cisco, Nokia, and various wireless edge platforms like Sierra Wireless, BEC, and Meraki or other utilized platforms which offer vendor certification. Must be skilled with Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols to successfully provide solutions for core or edge services.
- Ability to understand Layer 1 solutions and their use for IP based solutions
- Ability to understand Layer 7 applications like VoIP, Video for efficient design solutions
- Considerable to Extensive experience is required in IP Network Engineering (Core or Edge)
- Ability to provide feature function analysis of focused service platforms
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
At INET, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: email@example.com
Visit us for more information at www.inetlte.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.