Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Houston, Texas (Katy)
Find a meaningful employment experience that meets your career goals while working with the fastest growing technology and telecommunications company in the energy industry.
Infrastructure Networks (INET) is a dedicated communication solutions provider to the energy industry and owns the industry’s only premier and private LTE network. At INET, you’ll enable the first end-to-end, standards based, “plug-and-play” network, helping to eliminate the frustrations many in energy face related to scaling and managing proprietary communications technology. We help our customers in production, pipeline, completion and drilling increase their productivity, safety and efficiency by delivering standardized, near real-time connectivity.
Join our network of 80+ experts in their field to bring our communication services and coverage to U.S. shale sites, including the Permian, Eagle Ford, Bakken and Scoop & Stack. We are more than just a “phone company”.
As the Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for developing and managing to the overall supply chain function for the company, including the procurement, receiving, storage and distribution of goods and services needed by the Company and ensuring that all supply chain activities are in compliance with company policies and procedures and within industry standards and best practices.
Reporting to the Vice-President of Operations, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for continued development and improvement of the supply planning process aligned with the business strategy. Emphasis is on supplier development, cost management and assurance of supply. This role will be essential in ensuring supply and obstacles to achieving the business growth targets are identified with options to resolve them.
The responsibilities include direct interaction as a buyer, in addition to overseeing the operations of the warehouse, inventory and logistics management. This position includes supervisory/managerial responsibilities of warehouse/logistics support personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead, and coordinate the delivery of the company procurement, development of procedures and methods required to achieve business objectives resulting in reduce cost and meeting demand requirements.
- Oversee the acquisition of materials needed for production, materials and supplies for services, supplies for offices and facilities, equipment and logistics support contracts.
- Supervises subordinates that act as buyers and warehouse personnel.
- Seeks/Vets reliable vendors and suppliers to provide quality goods at reasonable prices and negotiates prices, terms and contracts.
- Reviews technical specifications for materials, components, equipment, services, etc.
- Determines quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the warehouse and remote warehouse and storage facilities.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving, returns and transfers, and freight.
- Acts as materials dispatcher, liaising with transport companies, suppliers, and internal customers to get the right products to the right people.
- Stay updated on federal, state, and local legislation and requirements for warehousing, shipping, and material handling, and ensure that our warehouse complies.
- Create and manage receiving, warehousing, and distribution processes and procedures, and confirm staff compliance.
- Conduct physical counts of products and reconcile with data to maintain adequate inventory levels.
- Develop and monitor procedures for safety and security of warehouse environment and all goods.
- Inspect all warehouse equipment and order repairs and replacements when required.
- Prepare an annual budget, plan out expenses, analyze any variances, and make necessary corrections to help company achieve financial objectives.
- Forecasts upcoming demand for meeting sales and operations demand.
- Recruit, hire, and train new supply chain employees.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must, as well as, motivational skills, delegation skills, and the ability to mediate.
- Possess fundamental technical and IT skills, numeracy and finance skills, and the ability to problem-solve.
- Knowledge of proper safety procedures, equipment maintenance, and warehouse best practices.
- Ability to create and manage warehouse processes.
- Financial and analytical capabilities to plan budgets, monitor inventory, assess data, and create reports.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to manage and develop a team.
- Skills in purchasing, negotiations, inventory control, asset tracking and management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business
- 5 years of purchasing, procurement, budgeting and analysis, financial management
- 3+ years of warehousing experience including inventory control and asset management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Business
- Warehouse safety training
- Certification or credentials via the Institute of Supply Management or other relevant organizations.
At INET, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: email@example.com
Visit us for more information at www.inetlte.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.