Job Title: Service Manager
Location: Houston, Texas (Galleria)
Find a meaningful employment experience that meets your career goals while working with the fastest growing technology and telecommunications company in the energy industry.
Infrastructure Networks (INET) is a dedicated communication solutions provider to the energy industry and owns the industry’s only premier and private LTE network. At INET, you’ll enable the first end-to-end, standards based, “plug-and-play” network, helping to eliminate the frustrations many in energy face related to scaling and managing proprietary communications technology. We help our customers in production, pipeline, completion and drilling increase their productivity, safety and efficiency by delivering standardized, near real-time connectivity.
Join our network of 80+ experts in their field to bring our communication services and coverage to U.S. shale sites, including the Permian, Eagle Ford, Bakken and Scoop & Stack. We are more than just a “phone company”. Help us make the future of energy by enabling the Internet-of-Things (IoT) and digitizing the energy patch in North America.
Acting as the customer advocate and a liaison between customer representatives and Company’s internal departments, the Service Manager role will assist and overseeing the service delivery efforts with a focus on uniform application of procedures across the breadth of contracted services and oversight of customer facing projects especially those with high risk, complexity and visibility. This role includes a combination of duties which build on experience with customer service, technical support and customer relationship management.
Reporting to the Vice-President of Operations, the Service Delivery Manager is responsible for the management and improvement of services provided to the customer to ensure obligations and business objectives are achieved. This role is essential to achieving business growth targets, identifying obstacles to success with identifying options to successfully resolve.
Essential Functions of Job Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Is the customer liaison and a customer advocate within Operations and Engineering. Ensures proper application of people, systems and processes to deliver high quality and high availability service to the customer.
- Evaluates our response as it pertains to delivery of managed services to the customer. Interfaces with operations to identify and to solve operations and support problems.
- Monitor responsiveness to customer service management needs, including communications, escalations and follow up items. Establish regular customer review
schedules. Maintains agenda and reports progress against action items and objectives
identified by the customer and INET
- Ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are
met, and that services and projects are accomplished efficiently; takes corrective action
- Monitors the contracted services financials; oversees financial well-being of the
program by analyzing cost effectiveness and exercising cost controls; Analyzes billing
and support costs for tracking to budget, suggests enhancements to the leadership
- Reviews and evaluates the work of technical, support and operational staff and works
on root cause analysis and process improvement reviews with Engineering and
- Monitors and stays abreast of technological and operational changes that affect the
activities and work processes of the customer; makes recommendations for and
develops improvements to meet changing mission parameters and requirements.
- Confers with and represents the customer interest in meetings within the organization;
serves as the INET representative within the customer organization; fosters
collaborative working relationships.
- Makes recommendation for operational improvement to ensure maximum effective
service provision; assists in researching, compiling and analyzing supporting data.
- Develops and maintains records that provide proper evaluation, control and
documentation of activities; prepares a variety of written correspondence, reports,
procedures, directives and other materials.
- Problem Solving & Analytical Skills - Possesses the ability to synthesize complex
information; Collect and research data; generate creative solutions and use the results
to designs workflows and procedures while demonstrating attention to detail. Can
identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Analyze information skillfully;
Develop alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses
reason even with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds
promptly to customer needs; Solicits feedback to improve service; Responds to requests
for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Focused on solving conflict, not
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations;
listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group
presentation skills. Writes clearly and informatively; Presents data effectively.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and
openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a
positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build group
commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays
orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns
work with strategic goals. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics & Judgment – Respects others; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and
ethically; upholds organizational values. Exhibits sound reasoning and judgment.
Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands
organization's strengths & weaknesses, threats & opportunities; Analyzes market and
competition; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Planning/Organizing - Sets goals and objectives; Prioritizes and plans work activities;
Follows policies and procedures. Uses time efficiently; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others tactfully; Reacts well under pressure; Respect and
consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own
actions; Follows through on commitments.
- College degree or equivalent technical skills
- 8+ years related experience as a business analyst, project management, or information
technology role in a complex business and systems environment in
telecommunications, networking or Information Technology service delivery or
- Basic knowledge of telecommunications and or data networking is required.
- Knowledge of LTE, Satellite and/or voice or VOIP technology is desired.
- Familiarity with IOT, SCADA, remove monitoring or security systems or of other
adjacent or emerging technologies is beneficial.
The individual is expected to provide oversight and guidance to operations, engineering
and other departments on adherence and execution of work practices to deliver goods and
services to customers.
This job operates in a mix of Company and customer offices and oilfield drilling or
production environments. Field safety orientation and training is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Physical ability to frequently lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds, and
occasionally up to 50 pounds
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to
Periodic and semi-regular travel is expected for this position. Travel to regional operations
facilities, customer offices and field locations for meetings, inspections, planning and
training may be required.
At INET, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people
and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us for more information at www.inetlte.com
Work Authorization: United States (Required)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE