Job Title: Service Delivery Technician
Location: Houston, Texas (Katy)
Find a meaningful employment experience that meets your career goals while working with the fastest growing technology and telecommunications company in the energy industry.
Infrastructure Networks (INET) is a dedicated communication solutions provider to the energy industry and owns the industry’s only premier and private LTE network. At INET, you’ll enable the first end-to-end, standards based, “plug-and-play” network, helping to eliminate the frustrations many in energy face related to scaling and managing proprietary communications technology. We help our customers in production, pipeline, completion and drilling increase their productivity, safety and efficiency by delivering standardized, near real-time connectivity.
Join our network of 80+ experts in their field to bring our communication services and coverage to U.S. shale sites, including the Permian, Eagle Ford, Bakken and Scoop & Stack. We are more than just a “phone company”.
The service delivery technician is responsible for the day-to-day administration and accountability for service provisioning related to customer project and job delivery. Configures hardware and/or software, based on customer and service order requirements following agreed policies and procedures. Tests hardware and software components, to ensure proper functionality, resolving malfunctions found prior to deployment and recording results in support systems. Performs testing activities within the lab. May assist in solution development prior to deployment. Ensures that new service order solutions are operational and can deliver anticipated results. Ensures final service meets operational needs. This role occasionally provides support to resolve service-impacting events and improve overall system performance. In collaboration with Network Operations and Field Service personnel, maintain a high level of satisfaction to the customers by ensuring established services are reliable and effective, and deliver a positive support experience to the end user.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fulfill service order subscription requests
- Update work progress through Zendesk ticketing system
- Provisioning/Configure Network Edge Equipment:
- Cisco Meraki, UniFi devices, SIM Cards, LTE Radios/Routers
- Adhere to configuration requirements
- Ensure systems and related equipment are in optimal working condition prior to deployment.
- Maintain knowledge management documentation for provisioning and configuration problem resolution. Update written procedures, as required.
- Work with Network Operations Center (NOC) personnel on technical support issues.
- Work with Field Operations during site turn up and activation of network devices/troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate an understanding of IP networking fundamentals:
- IP Addressing
- Network Traffic Shaping
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Perform trouble isolation for customers during the initial activation.
- Responsible for development and documentation of functional/technical requirements as they relate to new product introduction and commercialization.
- Technical knowledge in communications, networking, satellite or microwave systems
- Familiarity of the OSI Model
- Proven ability to contribute to the solution of ambiguous problems in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Must be able to troubleshoot and identify system operations problems quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for instructional communications and during customer interactions.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to effectively communicate over the phone with personnel in other departments, management, vendors, and customers.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work effectively with little supervision.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Experience working in telecommunications industry
- Associates Degree in technical discipline preferred
- Experience working Linux operating system
- CCNA, Programming in any language is a plus
- Experience in communications, networking, satellite or microwave systems or satellite control systems is beneficial
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
At INET, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: email@example.com
Visit us for more information at www.inetlte.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.