Job Title: Product Manager
Location: Houston, Texas (Galleria)
Find a meaningful employment experience that meets your career goals while working with the fastest growing technology and telecommunications company in the energy industry.
Infrastructure Networks (INET) is a dedicated communication solutions provider to the energy industry and owns the industry’s only premier and private LTE network. At INET, you’ll enable the first end-to-end, standards based, “plug-and-play” network, helping to eliminate the frustrations many in energy face related to scaling and managing proprietary communications technology. We help our customers in production, pipeline, completion and drilling increase their productivity, safety and efficiency by delivering standardized, near real-time connectivity.
Join our network of 80+ experts in their field to bring our communication services and coverage to U.S. shale sites, including the Permian, Eagle Ford, Bakken and Scoop & Stack. We are more than just a “phone company”.
As the Product Manager, you will collaboratively develop products and services by assessing current and potential customer needs, conducting market research, working with INET strategic leadership, outline product requirements and specifications, production timetables, pricing, and plans for product proof of concepts and final product introduction.
Works with cross-functional teams composed of team members such as an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. Work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers. Serve as the internal and external evangelist for our product offerings, working with sales and key customers.
- Oversee INET’s product line’s life cycle and strategy.
- Assesses customer needs and desires by collaborating with current and potential customers and the INET Sales, Operations and Business Development leadership.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitor products.
- Identify and assess product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Bring new products and services to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering, IT, manufacturing and operations.
- Make recommendations of present and future product lines by reviewing product/service specifications and requirements and appraising new product ideas and/or product/service delivery changes.
- Utilize technical background to develop, design, and produce new communication products, services, and solutions for INET’s product portfolio.
- Provide specifications for product line and services for internal and external product marketing communication.
- Work with sales leadership to develop product sales strategies.
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and market analyses.
- Collaborate with Operations to ensure product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and sales/production schedules.
- Facilitate the introduction of new products/services by developing time-line plans with sales, marketing, operations and production teams.
- Develop product pricing by utilizing market data; reviewing production, service delivery and sales costs based on anticipating forecast.
- Develops operational requirements, internal processes, and service delivery plans.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending industry related trade shows, conferences, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Ability to think strategically and pull together a plan and resources to achieve the desired business results
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of telecommunication equipment, networks and services
- Strong knowledge of product development, planning and go to market strategy development
- Ability to interact in cross-discipline, matrix team
- Ability to work independently without direct day-today oversight
- Ability to interface directly with customers
- Demonstrated business acumen
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or GED
- 4-year degree in engineering and/or computer science, or equivalent product development work experience in industrial communications, or other critical infrastructure communication roles.
- 3+ years of communication marketing/product management experience.
- Experience working in Oilfield communications or other critical communication industries
- Experience in Sales and Business Development along with technical product development experience.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
At INET, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: email@example.com
Visit us for more information at www.inetlte.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected clas