Job Title: NOC Technician
Location: Houston, Texas
Find a meaningful employment experience that meets your career goals while working with the fastest growing technology and telecommunications company in the energy industry.
Infrastructure Networks (INET) is a dedicated communication solutions provider to the energy industry and owns the industry’s only premier and private LTE network. At INET, you’ll enable the first end-to-end, standards based, “plug-and-play” network, helping to eliminate the frustrations many in energy face related to scaling and managing proprietary communications technology. We help our customers in production, pipeline, completion and drilling increase their productivity, safety and efficiency by delivering standardized, near real-time connectivity.
Join our network of 80+ experts in their field to bring our communication services and coverage to U.S. shale sites, including the Permian, Eagle Ford, Bakken and Scoop & Stack. We are more than just a “phone company”.
As a Network Operations Center Technician, you are the face of our company and make the first impression on our customers. This is a fast-paced role that requires a shift in focus multiple times per hour and prioritization of work on the fly. The NOC handles all incoming tasks such as technical support and dispatch requests, management system alerts, resource coordination and interdepartmental communication. As a NOC Technician, your primary function is to respond to customer requests and systems alerts. You will provide day-to-day support to ensure incidents and customer requests are managed in accordance with quality standards and the goals of the company are achieved.
- Develop working knowledge, building toward a mastery of the basic IT tools to support our customers.
- Understand company products and services and the technical solutions that they are comprised of.
- Monitor NMS tools and systems for faults and alerts and investigating them promptly to identify and resolve the root cause.
- Monitor inbound emails from customers and automated systems. Create/manage incident and service request in the ticketing system.
- Perform troubleshooting, fault identification and perform a resolution or a workaround to reestablish services as quickly as possible.
- Communicate with company technicians and customers to verify service restoration operation is properly achieved.
- Adhere to documented policies/procedures and perform tasks with precision and consistency according to the written instructions and procedures.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs with field support, network engineers, and vendors.
- Provide regular notifications to customers on network outages and/or upgrades.
- Document all processes and outages through the internal ticketing systems. (Zendesk).
- Document all interactions with customers, technicians and other parties in the ticketing system.
- Use available documentation to resolve issues.
- Escalate any unresolved support issues to the next level of technical support. Immediately activate the Severity One escalation process in case of a high severity event.
- Have empathy to a client’s frustration and show understanding.
- Provide feedback on opportunities to improve process and workflow efficiency.
- Participate in the on-call rotation and cover for absences when needed.
- Other duties related to your capabilities, assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Technical Knowledge
- Working knowledge of network technologies and components such as switches, routers, and firewalls and RF technologies such as VSAT, LTE, wireless radios, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Understand the essentials of data and signal flow through a network, including the OSI Model.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Experience with telnet, RDP, traceroute, Ping and other network troubleshooting methods.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills such as telephone support skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and adapt to changes quickly.
- Self -guided approach to learning and gaining knowledge in addition to company provided training.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment.
- Ability to effectively solve problems or escalate issues as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or GED
- Successful training or certification in Cisco and/or Linux, Network+, etc.
- Prior experience in VSAT, LTE, point to point or multipoint radio systems.
Experience working 2-3 years in a technical support role.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Rotating days, workdays will include weekends and holidays. Hours are either 6 AM to 6 PM or 6 PM to 6 AM. Flexible work hours to support the department as needed. Hours assigned per business need.
At INET, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us for more information at www.inetlte.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.