Job Title: Network Field Technician
Location: West Texas (Andrews, TX)
Find a meaningful employment experience that meets your career goals while working with the fastest growing technology and telecommunications company in the energy industry.
Infrastructure Networks (INET) is a dedicated communication solutions provider to the energy industry and owns the industry’s only premier and private LTE network. At INET, you’ll enable the first end-to-end, standards based, “plug-and-play” network, helping to eliminate the frustrations many in energy face related to scaling and managing proprietary communications technology. We help our customers in production, pipeline, completion and drilling increase their productivity, safety and efficiency by delivering standardized, near real-time connectivity.
Join our network of 80+ experts in their field to bring our communication services and coverage to U.S. shale sites, including the Permian, Eagle Ford, Bakken and Scoop & Stack. We are more than just a “phone company”.
As Network Field Technician, you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining field-based network hardware platforms including cell site infrastructure and Customer Prem infrastructure. Responsible for technical and administrative tasks associated with installations, troubleshooting, corrective actions and proactive maintenance associated with production network management. Safe work and quality work will be the foundation of all work performed in this role.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience working with various technologies commonly found at wireless carrier sites including eNB, PTP, Electrical, Civil, DAS, and Small Cell.
- Installation of RF and antenna system components such as BTS, RRU’s, antennas, grounding, supports, weatherproofing, connectors, mounting hardware.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience at using and following best practices for installations and maintenance at wireless sites.
- Implement and redline RFDS and site CDs.
- Understand and strictly adhere to safety and quality guidelines without deviation.
- Safely and efficiently complete repairs and upgrades at elevated heights.
- Capable of working on various structures such as guyed towers, lattice towers, monopole towers, water towers, stealth towers and rooftops.
- Observe and report possible compound / equipment defects or hazards.
- Ensure that Job Hazard Assessment (JHA) requirements are identified, documented and followed.
- Accurately follow instructions and complete assigned course of action in accordance with scope of work (SOW) and methods of procedures (MOPs) and track work via checklists.
- Perform field level troubleshooting including wiring, devise access, Troubleshoot, upgrade and expand Infrastructure Networks or Customer sites.
- Conduct pre and post work site audits.
- Serve as a rescue climber when needed.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- Must demonstrate the desire and ability to learn and retain new knowledge.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team or matrix environment and build relationships.
- Listen to and take direction from mentors.
- Use sound judgment and decision making.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Minimum years of experience: (2 – 3 Years of Tower Climbing Experience)
- Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid Driver’s License and a good driving record resulting in the ability to be covered by insurance.
- Must successfully complete a post offer pre-employment background check, and drug & alcohol test, as permitted by state and local law.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position.
- Normal days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours, to include nights and weekends, when needed.
- Must be willing to serve in an on-call rotation.
- Must be able to travel outside home market up to 20% of the time; but amount of travel could be higher depending on business needs.
At INET, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Visit us for more information at www.inetlte.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.