Job Title: Field Technician
Location: North Dakota
Find a meaningful employment experience that meets your career goals while working with the fastest growing technology and telecommunications company in the energy industry.
Infrastructure Networks (INET) is a dedicated communication solutions provider to the energy industry and owns the industry’s only premier and private LTE network. At INET, you’ll enable the first end-to-end, standards based, “plug-and-play” network, helping to eliminate the frustrations many in energy face related to scaling and managing proprietary communications technology. We help our customers in production, pipeline, completion and drilling increase their productivity, safety and efficiency by delivering standardized, near real-time connectivity.
Join our network of 80+ experts in their field to bring our communication services and coverage to U.S. shale sites, including the Permian, Eagle Ford, Bakken and Scoop & Stack. We are more than just a “phone company”.
The Field Technician is responsible for delivering exceptional customer experience while installing communications equipment at new customer sites or performing service calls including site moves, repairs and preventative maintenance. You will be responsible for maintaining, testing, and repairing the customer facing network equipment. As a field technician, you are the face of Infrastructure Networks and will be expected to represent the company with the professionalism our customers have come to expect.
- Proficiency in the use of hand tools for the purpose of making, repairing, testing and installation of RF, network and telephone cabling to connect offices, housing and work areas to the network resources.
- Experience installing, pointing and commissioning RF systems components such as LTE, point to point or multipoint radios, VSAT or microwave systems
- Familiarity with communications systems and a variety of consumer communication devices (e.g. routers, modems, radios, and wireless devices)
- Experience with handheld devices and operate computer or test equipment (e.g. RF signal level meters, multi-meters, cable testers, handheld applications, etc.)
- Ability to interpret and understand field sheet notes, schematics, maps, and drawings.
- Compile and evaluate data to determine and resolve onsite performance problems, network or equipment malfunctions.
- Perform site installation checklists, benchmark performance and complete site documentation.
- Troubleshoot and identify non-functioning equipment and repair or reconfigure or replace equipment, applying own knowledge and experience.
- Recommend changes such as modified work procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
- Track time spent on jobs, mileage and materials needed and utilized to record duties in the applicable software application.
- Interact professionally with clients, property owners, contractors as needed. Must have the ability to communicate effectively in person or by phone.
- Practice and adhere to all safety training, identify and mitigate hazards that may impact job performance and ensure availability and proper use of all safety equipment (PPE) required.
- Perform routine truck maintenance. Responsible for reporting maintenance requirements such as oil changes and keeping the truck in good working and clean condition (inside and out).
- Maintain a valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record and the ability to be covered under insurance. Travel to and from assigned service areas and company facilities, including inclement weather, is essential.
- The ability to work overtime, weekends, evenings, or participate in a shift rotation and on-call rotation when scheduled.
- Reliable and consistent attendance.
- Maintain and present a professional appearance, calm and rational demeanor under stressful conditions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to accurately maintain documentation in company software programs.
- Flexible to adapt to same-day and next-day changes to service order and location.
- Ability to address and solve problems effectively.
- Ability to work with cross-discipline teams.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be well organized and demonstrate sound time management skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Strong installation crafts practices, i.e. cable making, installing, dressing, labeling with accuracy, neatness and reliability being a requirement.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position working a rotating shift schedule.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of previous experience in telecommunications, wireless, basic internet industry, and/or electrical, telephone utilities.
- ComTrain Certification
- Military experience in a variety of communications or electronic systems
- Familiar with tower work is a plus.
At INET, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: email@example.com
Visit us for more information at www.inetlte.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.