Job Title: Director, Field Operations
Location: Andrews, Texas (Permian)
Find a meaningful employment experience that meets your career goals while working with the fastest growing technology and telecommunications company in the energy industry.
Infrastructure Networks (INET) is a dedicated communication solutions provider to the energy industry and owns the industry’s only premier and private LTE network. At INET, you’ll enable the first end-to-end, standards based, “plug-and-play” network, helping to eliminate the frustrations many in energy face related to scaling and managing proprietary communications technology. We help our customers in production, pipeline, completion and drilling increase their productivity, safety and efficiency by delivering standardized, near real-time connectivity.
Join our network of 80+ experts in their field to bring our communication services and coverage to U.S. shale sites, including the Permian, Eagle Ford, Bakken and Scoop & Stack. We are more than just a “phone company”.
The Director of Field Operations is responsible for delivering exceptional customer experience while supervising field operations staff involved in the service of installing, servicing and maintaining communications equipment at new and existing customer locations. Responsible for developing and implementing a field technician training program with support and in conjunction with other field management. You will perform operations oversight and field quality inspections of work completed by field operations personnel. You will represent the Company locally with customers to review work completed, handle customer complaints or feedback and develop correct action plans for failures of process and quality or maintenance at remote sites. You are responsible for overseeing the assignment of tasks and dispatching of field operations personnel. You will participate in supporting the VP Operations and the leadership team as appropriate. You will be expected to represent the company with the professionalism and expertise our customers have come to expect.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In support of the Field Operations mission, provide daily oversight of assigned field technicians in achieving job completion in accordance with daily schedules.
- Proficiency in the operations and maintenance of RF systems such as LTE, point to point or multipoint radios, VSAT or microwave systems and the demonstrated ability to train and lead others in the development of the same skillset.
- Ensure the proper staffing, training and development of a stable and skilled field workforce to meet mission objectives to deploy, operate and maintain the breadth of communications systems.
- Enhance and develop work instructions and how-to guides to assist with documentation to add to the technician body of knowledge.
- Compile and evaluate data to identify problems and trends in operations leading to the resolution of systemic onsite performance problems, network or equipment malfunctions.
- Develop training materials and outline a training “bootcamp” for the onboarding of new hire technicians. Build an outline to develop the required skillset for new and subordinate level employees.
- Interface with other Field Operations leadership to establish standard work procedures. Recommend changes or improvement to work procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
- Interact professionally with clients and contractors, as needed. Ability to meet with customer management, HSE personnel and INET vendors and subcontractors. Must communicate effectively in person or by phone to convey mission, findings and root cause.
- Practice and adhere to all safety training, identify and mitigate hazards that may impact job performance and ensure availability and proper use of all safety equipment (PPE) required.
- Act as the area manager and represent INET leadership to convey mission, implement and deliver on corporate strategic objectives.
- Manage local supply chain activities, warehousing, procurement and inventory. Manage finances, P&L management and ensure adequate inventory is maintained to meet operational needs.
- Flexible to adapt to same-day and next-day changes to service order and location.
- Expert installation crafts practices i.e. cable making, installing, dressing, labeling, accuracy, neatness and reliability is a requirement.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Focused on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions. Writes clearly and informatively; Presents data effectively.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics & Judgment – Respects others; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values. Exhibits sound reasoning and judgment.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses, threats & opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Planning/Organizing – Sets goals and objectives; Prioritizes and plans work activities; Follows policies and procedures. Uses time efficiently; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others tactfully; Reacts well under pressure; Respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or GED
- 10+ years of previous experience in direct telecommunications, wireless, basic internet industry, and/or electrical, telephone utilities.
- Prior supervisory experience
- Maintain an acceptable driving record and has a valid driver’s license.
- Military experience in a variety of communications or electronic systems is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Organizational Management, Engineering or similar related disciplines
- Previous experience in operations leadership role, Service Delivery, Service Management in a related industry.
- Prior experience working in an Oil & Gas Service Company
This position is responsible for direct supervision of assigned local resources including field technicians, dispatch, supply chain personnel and other operations related support personnel. Responsibilities include screening, hiring, scheduling, approving timesheets, performance management.
Work is performed primarily outdoors, in an oil and gas environment, remote locations and involves driving to and from different job sites. Some work is performed inside a professional office setting with routine use of office equipment.
The position requires manual dexterity, standing, walking, climbing stairs, getting in and out of a passenger truck multiple times a day, bending, kneeling, sitting for extended periods, and crouching. The employee will occasionally lift or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires the ability to hear, speak, and/or signal people to convey potential or actual hazards and exchange information to include receiving assignments or directions from co-workers and supervisors.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Generally, Monday through Friday, management support for nights and weekends, as needed.
At INET, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Visit us for more information at www.inetlte.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.