Job Title: Commissioning Technician
Location: Houston, Texas (Katy)
Find a meaningful employment experience that meets your career goals while working with the fastest growing technology and telecommunications company in the energy industry.
Infrastructure Networks (INET) is a dedicated communication solutions provider to the energy industry and owns the industry’s only premier and private LTE network. At INET, you’ll enable the first end-to-end, standards based, “plug-and-play” network, helping to eliminate the frustrations many in energy face related to scaling and managing proprietary communications technology. We help our customers in production, pipeline, completion and drilling increase their productivity, safety and efficiency by delivering standardized, near real-time connectivity.
Join our network of 80+ experts in their field to bring our communication services and coverage to U.S. shale sites, including the Permian, Eagle Ford, Bakken and Scoop & Stack. We are more than just a “phone company”.
This position is primarily responsible for support the timely commissioning and provisioning of LTE and VSAT services being added on the INET network. Ensures the operational integrity of the individual locations, as well as, the network and customer equipment. Provides efficient activation services, timely resolution of network problems; and supplies courteous, and professional customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Act as a primary point of contact for all field technicians calling for support with site commissioning and provisioning as appropriate.
- Commissioning includes performing antenna pointing, cross polarization isolation testing and measurement, RF testing and the setting of basic operational parameters to enter the site into the network including, Unit ID, transmit power levels, GPS coordinates, network inroute and outroute selection and assignment.
- Perform benchmark measurements of vital parameters such as isolation, carrier/noise ratio, Eb/No, Receive Signal Level; transmit power level, hub RSL, and hub Eb/No, etc.
- Perform site provisioning as appropriate on a per site / per customer basis, such as but not limited to:
- Phone number assignments, IP address assignments for modem, routers, switches, telephones, WAPS, etc.
- Configure ATA if appropriate
- Properly assign customer network backhaul connectivity, using basic routing configurations.
- Ensure proper record keeping of master lists of assigned networks, tower location, site geo coordinates, IP addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Maintain site records on a per site basis of unit ID, assigned numbers, network addresses, customer names, contact information etc.
- Use of INET ticket and incident management for proper tracking and documentation of information associated with commissioning and provisioning tasks listed above.
- Complete proper documentation including service orders to ensure proper billing activation.
- Monitor remote site locations for proper performance.
- Notify customers regarding all detrimental events and logging these events in a trouble ticket system.
- Troubleshooting the basic access components with the field technician that includes but is not limited to: IDU, LTE radio, VSAT units including BUC, LNB, modem, and Interfacility links.
- Verifying IDU Parameters, Carrier Strength, X-poll and Hub parameters.
- Perform basic trouble shooting voice and data issues on remote rig locations.
- Run installation configuration programs for field operations that move sites on a daily and weekly basis.
- Set IP routing within network to meet customer’s specifications.
- Logging all recovery attempts associated with the remote site failure in the ongoing trouble ticket.
- Coordinates with the Incident team of the NOC to reassign or resolve site equipment failures for customers utilizing company services.
- Updating all replacement serial numbers in the network component database for future hardware tracking of the replaced equipment.
- Answer multiple incoming phone calls from technicians regarding detrimental events that have been reported to the customer.
- Maintain current open tickets with ongoing update information regarding recovery and customer technician comments with resolution attempts.
- Technical knowledge in communications, networking, satellite or microwave systems
- Must demonstrate a mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to troubleshoot and identify system operation problems quickly
- Competent Communication Skills (Written and Verbal)
- Ability to communicate over the phone with personnel in other departments, management, vendors, and customers.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work effectively with little supervision.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years related education or job experience in a similar communications support center environment.
- Associates degree in a technical discipline
- Prior experience in a technical support role for communications, networking or network operations.
- Military experience in communications, networking, satellite or microwave systems or satellite control systems is beneficial.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This job operates in a network call center environment. Must be able to work under pressure. This is a full-time position. Rotating days, workdays will include weekends and holidays. Hours are either 6 AM to 6 PM or 6 PM to 6 AM. Flexible work hours to support the department as needed. Hours assigned per business need.
At INET, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Visit us for more information at www.inetlte.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.