Job Title: Bench Technician
Location: West Texas (Andrews, TX)
Find a meaningful employment experience that meets your career goals while working with the fastest growing technology and telecommunications company in the energy industry.
Infrastructure Networks (INET) is a dedicated communication solutions provider to the energy industry and owns the industry’s only premier and private LTE network. At INET, you’ll enable the first end-to-end, standards based, “plug-and-play” network, helping to eliminate the frustrations many in energy face related to scaling and managing proprietary communications technology. We help our customers in production, pipeline, completion and drilling increase their productivity, safety and efficiency by delivering standardized, near real-time connectivity.
Join our network of 80+ experts in their field to bring our communication services and coverage to U.S. shale sites, including the Permian, Eagle Ford, Bakken and Scoop & Stack. We are more than just a “phone company”.
As a Bench Technician, you are on the front line to lead the effort to recertify rental equipment and manage the quality control tagging system for our field operations team. This is a fast-paced role that requires a focus on redeployment of communications equipment returning from field rental. This includes inspecting, assessing, testing, benchmarking and recertification of equipment to meet performance standards. You will work closely with field technicians and warehouse/logistics personnel to receive equipment returning from the field and prepare equipment to be refurbished.
You will assist with the establishment and enhancement of an advanced test and certification process for the West Texas field operations team. You will provide day-to-day support to ensure returned equipment is either recertified, RMA’ed for repair or properly disposed of consistent with company procedures.
Recertification will be conducted in a test environment with the tools and test equipment to properly verify proper operation in accordance with the performance criteria of the manufacturer, as well as, the company quality standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge, building toward a mastery, of the skills and tools necessary to perform performance testing on a variety of RF systems such as satellite BUC’s, LNB’s, Modems, as well as, LTE radios such as BEC, Cradle point, Sierra Wireless and others.
- Use of standalone power supplies, DC POE injection devices, batteries, UPS’s, etc.
- Familiar with basic network devices such as routers and switches to be able to power up, configure, and perform basic functional checks.
- Testing of LTE cell boosters, crown boosters, repeaters, etc.
- Knowledgeable with various point to point and multipoint radios
- Demonstrated skill with test analyzers, RF analyzers, power meters, signal meters, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Understand company products and services and the technical solutions that they are comprised of.
- Build and maintain a testbench set up that permits efficient and timely set up and testing of the deployed systems as described above.
- Able to work with warehouse and inventory personnel and systems to track, route and manage assets.
- May assist with troubleshooting and fault identification efforts occasionally in coordination of NOC and field resources.
- Communicate with company technicians, engineers and customers to verify service restoration operation is properly achieved.
- Assist with the creation and adherence of documented procedures and perform tasks with precision and consistency according to the standard operations procedures.
- Perform software and firmware upgrades and set-up, BEC, and other various LTE radios/equipment.
- Provide feedback and reports to management on network usage and availability.
- Contribute to the improvement of INET systems and tools, by assisting with or taking responsibility for projects, as requested.
- Will act as technical liaison between the field operations and engineering team to provide feedback and data on repair trends and findings.
- Support training new field technicians and serve as a resource liaison for tech support bulletins.
- Provide feedback on opportunities to improve process and workflow efficiency.
- Participate in the on-call rotation and cover for absences, as
- Technical Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of network technologies and components such as switches, routers, firewalls and RF technologies such as VSAT, LTE, wireless radios, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of the essentials of data and signal flow through a network, including the OSI Model.
- Skilled use of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Experienced using telnet, RDP, traceroute, Ping and other network troubleshooting methods.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and adapt to changes quickly.
- Self -guided approach to learning and gaining knowledge in addition to company provided training.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment.
- Ability to effectively solve problems or escalate issues as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or GED
- Successful training or certification in Cisco and/or Linux, Network+, etc.
- 2-year technical degree in electronics, engineering technology, networking, system engineering or similar.
- Advanced training in networking, switching, routing or networks technologies.
- Advanced/factory training in any of the systems being utilized.
- Prior experience in VSAT, LTE, point to point or multipoint radio systems.
- Experience working 4-5 years in a technical support tole.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This job operates in a normal office / shop /warehouse environment and occasionally in field locations, as needed.
At INET, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: email@example.com
Visit us for more information at www.inetlte.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.